Silly Dilly Bread
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (115 to 120 degrees F)
- 1 egg
- 1 box Jiffy yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Grease a loaf pan well.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add egg, beating until blended.
- Add dry cake mix, cereal, Swiss cheese, Parmesan and dill. Beat well.
- Stir in flour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Cover and let rise in warm place
1 to 1 1/4 hours or until nearly double.
- Bake loaf in a 350 degrees F oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until bread sounds
hollow when lightly tapped. Cover with foil the last 15 minutes.
- Loosen edges with metal spatula; remove to cooling rack.
Yield: 1 loaf
Recipe is easily doubled for two loaves.