Silly Dilly Bread
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (115 to 120 degrees F)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Add dry cake mix, cereal, Swiss cheese, Parmesan and dill. Beat well.
- Stir in flour.
- Divide batter between 2 well-greased loaf pans. Cover and let rise in warm place
1 to 1 1/4 hours or until nearly double.
- Bake loaves in a 350 degree F oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until bread sounds
hollow when lightly tapped. Cover with foil last 15 minutes.
- Loosen edges with metal spatula; remove to cooling rack.
Yield: 2 loaves
To make only one loaf, use a one layer (Jiffy) cake mix and cut the remaining
ingredients in half.