Sugar Lump Cinnamon Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 50 sugar cubes
- Bread: Combine milk and butter and heat to scalding. Add sugar and salt and cool to lukewarm.
- Soften yeast in the 1/3 cup warm water.
- Add vanilla extract and egg to milk mixture. Add softened yeast. Add flour gradually as needed. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Let rise until double.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Roll each half to a 12 x 15-inch rectangle.
- Filling: Mix together butter, cinnamon and sugar cubes. Use half on each rectangle, spreading as evenly as possible. Roll up and pinch edges to seal. Place in greased bread pans and let rise until double for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees F.