You do not need to let these rise before baking unless you have the time.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 package yeast
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Mix dry ingredients, then cut in butter.
- Dissolve yeast in 2 tablespoons warm water. To yeast, add the buttermilk.
- Mix in all ingredients, except butter, well.
- Sprinkle board with flour, knead
a few times to make soft but not sticky dough; roll to 1/4 inch, then cut with biscuit
cutter. Dip into melted butter and fold over. Place close together. Let rise (optional).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Makes about 40 biscuits.