- 1 or 2 envelopes yeast
- 1 small box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 or more cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon burnt sugar flavoring
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
- Combine pudding mix and milk, cook until thick.
- Stir in butter and butter flavoring. Cool.
- Add beaten eggs and salt.
- Stir in a little flour.
- Add yeast.
- Add more flour to make stiff dough.
- Knead and place in a greased bowl. Cover with wax paper and cloth and let rise until double in bulk.
- Mix filling ingredients together.
- Divide dough into 3 or 4 parts. Roll each into a circle. Cut into wedges.
- Put 1 teaspoon of filling at wide end of dough and roll u towards point.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Let rise until double in bulk.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- May be frosted with confectioners' sugar frosting, if desired.