Caramel Glazed Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten (save 1/2 egg with a little milk for basting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 envelopes yeast
- 3 - 6 cups flour (1 cup whole wheat flour can be substituted to make tough more tender)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Bread: Stir the yeast in 1/3 cup of warm water with 1/2 teaspoon sugar for
- Into large mixing bowl or Kitchen Aid mixer place the warm the milk and
add the sugar, vanilla extract, salt and eggs.
- Beat until the sugar is dissolved and add the Yeast and mix well.
- Add 3 cups flour and mix with mixer a few minutes or by hand.
- Add flour until you make a soft ball of dough that doesn’t stick to your
hands. Don’t make it stiff - try to keep it a "soft dough." Sprinkle some flour
under the ball and knead it until smooth. Place it in a large bowl, Rub some
oil on top. Cover with a damp towel and place in a warm spot until double.
- After the initial rise, punch dough down and knead the dough again. Divide
the dough into 2 pieces. Place 1 piece of dough onto a lightly floured pastry
cloth and roll into a rectangle 1/4-inch thick.
- Lightly brush baking pan with oil or Crisco.
- Glaze: Melt butter in microwave. Add brown sugar and nuts and mix well.
Pour mixture into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Filling: Melt butter in microwave. Mix cinnamon in sugar. Brush dough with
butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- On the long side of the rectangle gently roll dough forming a log. Cut log
into 1-inch slices and place each slice, cut side down about 1 inch apart in
- Cover baking pan and let rolls rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and invert pan on cooling rack.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.