Death by Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn
- In a small bowl, combine yeast, warm water and 1 teaspoon of the sugar. Stir
and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Stir well.
Add yeast mixture to bowl and 3 cups of the flour; beat until smooth. Add additional
flour until dough is stiff. Knead dough on well-floured board for 10 minutes. Place
dough in bowl and cover. Set in a warm place until double in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough and let it rest for 5 minutes. Roll dough on a floured surface
to a 15-by-20-inch rectangle. (Don't use too much flour or the dough will get
- For the filling: Spread 1/2 cup of the softened butter on dough leaving 1/2-inch
around the edges. Mix 1 1/2 cups of the sugar with the cinnamon; sprinkle over dough.
Roll like a jelly roll and pinch edge to seal. Cut dough into 12 slices, about 1-inch
- Melt remaining butter and coat the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan and an 8-inch
square pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Place slices close together in
pans. Smaller pan will be only half full. Let rise until dough is doubled in bulk,
about 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the topping: In a saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup,
cooking until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Pour over rolls. Bake for 25 minutes
or until done. Cool before serving.
Nutrition values per serving: 920 calories, 48 g fat, 116 g carbohydrates,
3 g fiber, 10 g protein, 162 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium