- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package
- 1 cup ice water
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening, melted in 1 cup boiling
- 6 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar, salt and yeast. Stir until yeast is dissolved.
- Add ice
- Add slightly cooled shortening and water mixture.
- Add 1 cup flour. Mix with
- Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time, stirring between each cup.
- Let dough stand in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut out rolls 2 1/2 to 3 hours before
baking. Let rise at room temperature.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes. Use only amount of dough desired
at a time.
Yields about 36 rolls or 18 rolls and 1 loaf of bread.
This dough keeps about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.