Golden Honey Rolls
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (reserve white for topping)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 reserved egg white
- In a small saucepan, heat milk. oil and honey until 120-130 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, blend 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, salt, eggs and warm liquid until
moistened. Beat for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in remaining 1 3/4 cups flour (dough will be soft and sticky).
- Cover, let rise in warm place until double in size, 45-60 minutes.
- Generously grease (not oil) two 8- or 9-inch round cake or pie pans. Stir dough
down, beating 30 seconds.
- Drop tablespoon of dough side by side in single layer
in prepared pans, making about 10 rolls per pan.
- Combine topping ingredients and drizzle half over rolls.
- Cover, let rise again until doubled in size, 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle remaining topping over rolls before baking.
- Bake 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pans.
Yield: 20 rolls
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine 10/23/2001 5:55 pm.