Homemade Pineapple Sweet Rolls
I received this recipe a long time ago and have made these delicious rolls many
times. I sometimes add some flaked coconut to the filling and sprinkle some toasted
coconut on top of the glaze. This is my all time favorite.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 to 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Add milk, butter, sugar, salt, eggs and 1 1/3 cups flour
and beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface, kneading until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan. Add remaining filling ingredients and bring
to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from heat and cool.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Roll each half into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle
and spread with filling. Roll up, jellyroll style, starting with long side. Slice
into 1-inch rolls. Place with cut side down in two greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes and let cool.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over rolls.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
Posted by BettyBoop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Roll Recipes