Honey Bread Sticks
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup hot water (120 to 130 degrees F)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Cornmeal as needed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Caraway seeds, lemon pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, poppy seeds, coarse sea salt, toasted sesame seeds
- Combine hot roll mix, hot water, honey, egg and butter in a large bowl.
- Prepare dough according to package directions.
- Cover dough with bowl and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces. Roll each piece on lightly floured surface
into 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut each piece crosswise into 1-inch strips.
- Grease 17 x 14-inch baking sheet and dust with cornmeal.
- Mix egg white with 1 tablespoon water in small cup; brush dough with mixture
and sprinkle with topping of choice. Twist and place strips on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover and set in warm place to rise about 30 minutes or 21 until almost doubled
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
Makes about 2 dozen bread sticks.