- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 package yeast
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups flour, divided
- Soften yeast in the lukewarm water.
- Scald milk; add shortening and honey and cool to lukewarm.
- Add softened yeast, salt and 2 cups of the flour.
- Add beaten egg and remainder of flour to form a soft dough. Knead
lightly until smooth.
- Let rise twice, then form into rolls.
- Let rolls rise until light.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes.