Hot Dog Buns with Chicago Dogs
You can have a Chicago classic now anytime you want.
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg white plus 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Poppy Seed
- 8 Kosher hot dogs
- Tomato slices, diced white onion, kosher dill pickle spears, kosher dill relish, sport peppers, yellow mustard and Spice Islands® Celery Salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in large mixer bowl.
- Heat water, milk and 1/4 cup butter until very warm (120 degrees to 130 degrees
F). Add to flour mixture. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer,
scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured
surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces; roll each piece to a 6-inch rope. Shape
into oval roll. Place on large greased baking sheet. Place 3-inches apart for
crisper buns. Place 1/2-inch apart for softer buns (more like commercial hot
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size,
about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Brush buns with egg white and water mixture and sprinkle evenly with poppy
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from sheet; cool on wire rack.
- Split top of bun and add hot dog.
- Pile on all your favorite Chicago dog toppings!
Yield: 8 buns | Prep: 30 min | Rise: 30 to 45 min | Bake: 15 to 20 min
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Roll Recipes