Hot Water Rolls
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 6 1/2 cups flour
- Pour water over shortening and stir until melted.
- Add sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add eggs.
- Place yeast in lukewarm water and add sugar to activate it. Combine
the two mixtures.
- Sift flour into mixture. Blend well and place in refrigerator.
- Roll out dough, cut in circles and fold like an envelope.
- Place on greased cookie sheet; cover and let rise for 2 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until brown.
Dough can be kept for 10 days in refrigerator.