Kahlua Cinnamon Raisin Rolls
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cups very warm water
- 1/3 cups boiling hot milk
- 1/4 cups shortening
- 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
Spiced Raisin Sugar Filling
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped raisins
Kahlua Pan Syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Rolls: Soften yeast in water.
- Combine hot milk, shortening, sugar and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup flour and beat well.
- Add yeast, egg and remaining flour and mix to moderately stiff dough.
Turn out onto floured board. Knead gently to smooth out and round up dough.
- Cover and let rise until double in bulk, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Spiced Raisin Sugar Filling and Pan Syrup.
- When dough has risen, turn out and roll to rectangle, about 16 x 12-inches on
lightly floured board. Spread with Spiced Raisin Sugar Filling. Roll up like a jellyroll,
starting from long side. Cut into 12 slices. Arrange slices in 9-inch round cake
pan prepared with Kahlua Pan Syrup. Press slices to flatten slightly.
- Let rise in pan until almost double in bulk, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, until richly browned.
- Remove from oven. Let roll stand in pan 5 minutes, then turn out upside down
onto serving plate.
- Spoon reserved Kahlua Pan Syrup over top.
- Spiced Raisin Sugar Filling: Beat butter, sugar and cinnamon together until smooth.
- Beat in Kahlua mixed with raisins.
- Kahlua Pan Syrup: Measure butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and Kahlua into small
saucepan. Bring to simmering. Reserve 1/3 cup syrup to spoon over baked rolls. Turn
remainder into 9-inch round cake pan.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Roll Recipes