Laurie's Cinnamon Rolls
These are wonderful!
- 3/4 cup milk, warmed
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- For bread machine, set for dough, add all first ingredients and take out when
dough is ready.. otherwise, make dough and let dough set for first rising. Take
dough and knead for about 1 minute; let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough into rectangle about 10 x 15 inches. Spread 1/3 cup margarine over
dough to within 1 inch of edges. Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and raisins evenly
- Roll dough up tightly on long side, press edges together to seal. With a knife
or dental floss (the method I prefer...slide about 8-10 inches of dental floss under
the log, crisscross ends over the top and it will cut neatly through the dough).
Cut roll into 1-inch pieces. Place rolls into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cover and let rise until double in size (about 30-45 minutes).
- Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. (Do NOT over-bake
or they will be hard and dry.)
- Cool in pan or on rack for about 10-15 minutes.
- Drizzle with icing made by combining 1 cup powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoons
of milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (blended until smooth).
Makes 24 cinnamon rolls.
Per serving: 148 Calories (kcal); 6g Total Fat; (39% calories from fat);
3g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 9mg Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat;
1/2 Other Carbohydrates
I use 2 cups bread flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour.
Posted by Keplerkid at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/01 9:21:12 pm.
Source: From a dear friend in Florida.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Roll Recipes