Mashed Potato Dinner Rolls
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- About 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix shortening, potatoes, salt and sugar.
- Dissolve yeast in milk. Add to potatoes.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Pour in potato mixture and stir well with a spoon.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough. Rub surface with a little oil. Cover with
dish towel and leave in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- Use hands to form rolls about the size of a large egg. Place in large greased
- Let rise again and bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Makes 5 dozen rolls.