One Hour Rolls
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- Add salt, oil and sugar to milk and heat to 120 to 130 degrees F. Pour mixture
over yeast. Add flour and mix well.
- Scrape dough onto a heavily floured surface
(dough will be sticky). Liberally sprinkle top of dough with more flour.
- Roll out, cut out rounds with biscuit cutter and brush with butter. Fold over and
allow to rise on cookie sheet for 1 hour in warm place.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen rolls.
To make onion rolls, add to the dough 1/3 cup chopped onion, which has been
sautéed in a little butter.