Onion Hamburger Rolls
(Food Processor Method)
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet butter
- 3/4 cup warm water 105 to 115 degrees F
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 cups (or more) bread flour
- 2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter, add onion and cook over medium heat until soft, but not browned.
- Add yeast and sugar to hot water and let sit until foamy about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine 3 cups flour, 1 egg, milk powder, salt and all but
1/4 cup of the sauteed onion.
- With the processor running, pour yeast mixture through the feed tube and mix
until dough is uniformly moist and cleans sides of work bowl, about 40 seconds.
( if dough is too sticky add more flour 1 teaspoon at a time, until mixed in).
- Transfer dough to greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, let double in size -
about 1 hour.
- Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Punch down dough and turn onto lightly floured surface and divide into 10 pieces.
Shape each piece into a ball, then flatten to a circle about 3/4-inch thick.
- Arrange 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Mix 1 egg with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Brush rolls with glaze.
- Gently press 1 teaspoon of reserved onion
onto tops of each roll. Cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap. Let stand until almost
doubled in size about 45 minutes.
- Bake rolls on center rack about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Posted by BettyBoop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 1, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Yeast Roll Recipes