Pani Popo (Samoan Coconut Rolls)
Enjoy an authentic taste of the Pacific Islands with this traditional coconut
- 18 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream or milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place frozen rolls in 3 rows of 6 in a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let thaw and rise until double in size.
- Combine coconut cream and sugar and mix well.
- Remove wrap from risen rolls and pour coconut cream mixture over the rolls
(try to coat each roll completely as you pour so they will have a consistent
color as they bake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Coconut cream mixture will thicken as the rolls cool.
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 35 min | Yield: 9 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com