- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup tightly packed mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk (at room temperature)
- 1 envelope yeast, dissolved in 2 cup lukewarm water
- Thoroughly mix the shortening, potatoes, sugar and salt.
- When well mixed, add eggs, milk and yeast water. Work into a dough,
then set to rise for two hours.
- Make a soft dough by adding 4 cups flour and set to rise again.
- Make into rolls or a loaf, butter the top with melted butter, and set to rise
- Bake at 375 degrees F.