Sour Cream Orange Rolls
Try these rolls this Holiday season for a breakfast, dinner, or snack treat you
will not soon forget! Recipe makes 24 rolls. Two rolls make a nice sweet serving.
- 1 package active dry yeast (about 3 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange
- Stir yeast into warm water.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, eggs, 6 tablespoons
melted butter, salt and approximately 2 cups flour. Beat well.
- Gradually add enough
more flour to make a soft dough that may be kneaded. Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in greased clean bowl, cover, and allow to rise until double in bulk.
- Knead dough to remove excess air. Divide into 2 parts. On a lightly oiled surface
roll each part into a 12-inch circle. Brush each circle with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar with grated rind from 1 orange. Sprinkle orange sugar on dough
circles. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Starting at the wide end of each circle
roll each wedge into crescent roll.
- Place on greased baking sheet and allow to rise 10-15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare glaze while rolls are baking. Pour glaze over rolls after removing from oven.
- Glaze: Combine 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream and 2 tablespoons
orange juice in sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly,
for 3 minutes. Pour glaze over roll immediately after removing rolls from oven.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 11/15/2001 9:32 am.