- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Brown sausage in a skillet, stirring until it crumbles.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon
drippings in skillet. Set sausage aside.
- Add butter to drippings; heat over low heat until butter melts.
- Add flour, stirring
until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk; cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in seasonings
and sausage. Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.