- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Brown sausage in a skillet, stirring until it crumbles.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon
drippings in skillet. Set sausage aside.
- Add butter to drippings; heat over low heat until butter melts.
- Add flour, stirring
until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk; cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in seasonings
and sausage. Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.