Bacon and Egg Bake
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar
- Dash of salt and pepper
- English muffins, split and toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet. Drain fat, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Sauté onion in bacon fat.
- Stir in soup, milk, eggs, cheese and seasonings.
- Pour into 10 x 5-inch baking dish. Top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve on muffin halves.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Posted by wizard4 at Recipe Goldmine May 13, 2001.