Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Skillet
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Skillet is a 2013 Bisquick Family Favorites Recipe
Contest award-winning recipe developed by Ashley Patterson, 3rd Place, Ohio State
Fair (Columbus, OH).
- 3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage
- 2 (2.64 ounce) packages original country gravy mix
- 4 cups milk
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, sugar, salt and butter until
crumbly. Add buttermilk; stir until well mixed. Set aside.
- In 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, cook sausage over medium-high
heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together gravy mix and milk with whisk until
well blended. Add gravy mixture to cooked sausage. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes,
stirring constantly, until gravy thickens. Stir in hard-cooked eggs; mix well.
- Drop biscuit dough by large spoonfuls onto hot sausage gravy.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Prep Time 25 min | Total Time 55 min | Servings 8
Nutrition Information 1 Serving Calories 620 (Calories from Fat 330), Total
Fat 37g (Saturated Fat 16g, Trans Fat 4g), Cholesterol 160mg Sodium 1480mg Total
Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 18g), Protein 18g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 3 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 1/2 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 6 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.