- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
tablespoons chopped onions
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 large potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 6 eggs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Fry bacon till crisp. Drain and set aside bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons of drippings.
- Add peppers, onions and potatoes to drippings. Cook for 5 minutes till brown.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture and stir gently till cheese melts.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and pour over potato mixture. Cook over low heat
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish, crumble bacon over the top and bake
for 30 minutes.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine 8/1/2001 4:04 pm.