Breakfast the Night Before
This dish is made easier by mixing it the night before.
- 1 pound bulk, fresh pork sausage, seasoned as desired
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 2 cups cubed Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed or golden cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook sausage in large skillet until brown, breaking up with wooden spoon;
drain. Pat sausage dry with paper towels.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in baking dish.
- Sprinkle cubed Cheddar cheese over bread.
- Sprinkle sausage over cheese.
- Combine eggs, 2 1/2 cups milk and dry mustard in medium bowl; beat with
rotary beater or fork until well mixed. Pour egg mixture over layered mixture
in baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Stir together cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk in small bowl. Pour
over mixture in baking dish.
- Place baking dish on baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, about 1 1/2 hours or until center is set when baking dish
is slightly jiggled.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com