Brunch Bunch Scramble
- 18 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat (1%) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups diced
cooked lean ham
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup minced
green onions with tops
- 1 tablespoon butter or cooking oil or cooking spray
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, dill weed, salt, if desired, and
lemon juice until well blended.
- Stir in ham, mushrooms and onions.
- In preheated 350 degree F oven, melt butter in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Pour in egg mixture. Place in oven.
- As mixture begins to set, after about 8 minutes, pull out oven rack. Gently
draw an inverted pancake turner completely across bottom and sides of pan, lifting
and turning mixture to form large, soft curds.
- Return to oven.
- Repeat a few more times until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg
remains, about 12 to 15 minutes.* Do not stir constantly.
Yield: 9 to 18 servings
* Although it’s best to serve scrambled eggs immediately after cooking, you can
hold them for a short time. Place pan of cooked eggs over pan of hot water. (Scrambled
eggs will quickly become overdone if held over direct heat.)
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.