Cheesy Bacon and Egg Brunch Casserole
This one-dish brunch casserole is ideal for a crowd. Add a fruit salad and you
can sit back and enjoy your company.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (5 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Mustard, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Drain bacon on paper towels; crumble and set aside.
- Add onion to drippings in skillet; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until
- Spread 1/2 of the bread cubes in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with 1/2
each of the onion, bacon, Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Spread evenly with cottage cheese.
- Top with remaining bread cubes, onion, bacon, Cheddar cheese and mozzarella
- Beat eggs in medium bowl until foamy.
- Add milk, mustard, nutmeg and pepper; beat until well blended.
- Pour evenly over top.
- Press bread cubes lightly into egg mixture until completely covered.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown.
Make Ahead: Casserole can be assembled 1 day ahead. Prepare as directed, increasing
milk to 2 cups. Cover and store in refrigerator. Remove cover and bake as directed.
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 260 Sodium:
492mg Fat: 16g Carbohydrates: 14g Cholesterol: 128mg Protein: 15g Fiber: 1g
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.