- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups strong chicken bouillon
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- Grind the cooked chicken.
- Sauté onion in oil.
- Add cornmeal, spices and bouillon.
Cook for 15 minutes. When thickened like cornmeal mush, add chicken.
- Pour into a
greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Pat down, and refrigerate overnight.
- To use, cut into 1/2 inch slices, coat with seasoned flour (any seasonings you
desire) and fry until golden brown in oil.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.