Country Breakfast Casserole
You can mix up this egg/sausage/hash brown casserole and chill it overnight.
- 12 ounces spicy or mild bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes, thawed (about half of a 32-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby/Monterey jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion till no pink remains. Drain.
- In an 8-inch square (2-quart square) baking dish, layer potatoes, half of the
cheese, sausage-onion mixture and remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and pepper; pour over cheese. (Casserole may be
covered and chilled overnight.)
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or till a knife inserted
near center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares. Pass the salsa.
Makes 6 servings.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/26/01 7:54:35 am.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.