Eggs a la Barkley
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 1 pound mild sausage
- 1 (8
ounce) can chopped mushrooms
- 1 pound grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break bread slices into bite size cubes and place in a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch
casserole dish and set aside.
- Crumble the sausages and cook until no longer pink, drain well. Sprinkle cooked
sausages over the bread cubes.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms then with the grated cheddar
- Beat together the eggs and light cream, mixing well with a wire whisk. Pour over
- Bake uncovered for approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before
Posted by bettyboop at Recipe Goldmine 1/3/2002, 6:36 am.