Farmer's Hash Brown Casserole
Use your leftover holiday ham for this delicious Farmer's Hash Brown Casserole!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 4 ounces Hook's Medium Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 ounces Hook's One Year Swiss cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet or deep-dish
pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Press
into the bottom and up sides of skillet.
- Bake for 25 minutes; remove from oven.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Combine the ham, cheddar, Swiss and green bell pepper in large bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over crust; sprinkle with ham mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted near the
center reads 160 degrees F.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
It’s fun to experiment with bolder flavors; try this recipe with sharp
cheddar cheese, too! The cheddar flavor becomes more complex with age.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Breakfast Casserole Recipes