French Toast Casserole with Praline Topping
- 1 (12 to 16 ounce) loaf French bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup butter, softened or slightly microwaved
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Casserole: Cut loaf of French bread into 1-inch slices. Arrange slices in buttered
13 x 9-inch pan, cutting or breaking pieces to fit and squeezing in bits and pieces
of bread so there is barely any space between slices.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and
salt. Beat with whisk until blended but not bubbly. Pour evenly over bread slices,
spooning some mixture in between cracks. Chill, covered, overnight.
- The next morning, prepare Praline Topping and spread over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, uncovered, for 40 minutes, or until puffed and light brown. Serve
with maple syrup or honey.
- Praline Topping: Combine all ingredients. Spread over casserole as directed.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Breakfast Casserole Recipes