Fruity Breakfast Casserole
Raisin bread cubes are combined with cooked sausage, chopped apple and dried
cranberries in a baking dish, and baked to perfection.
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 6 slices raisin bread, cubed
- 1 pound maple-flavored pork sausage, browned and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup peeled and chopped cooking apple
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin or apple pie spice
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart ovenproof baking dish with cooking
- Combine bread cubes, sausage, cranberries and apples in a large mixing bowl.
Spread in prepared baking dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, syrup, rum flavoring, salt and pie spice. Pour over sausage
mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about one hour or until mixture is set.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This can be prepared the evening before, and refrigerated until ready to
bake, if desired.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Breakfast Casserole Recipes