Fruity Breakfast Casserole
Raisin bread cubes are combined with cooked sausage, chopped apple and dried
cranberries in a baking dish, and baked to perfection.
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 6 slices raisin bread, cubed
- 1 pound maple-flavored pork sausage, browned and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup peeled and chopped cooking apple
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin or apple pie spice
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart ovenproof baking dish with cooking
- Combine bread cubes, sausage, cranberries and apples in a large mixing bowl.
Spread in prepared baking dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, syrup, rum flavoring, salt and pie spice. Pour over sausage
mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about one hour or until mixture is set.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This can be prepared the evening before, and refrigerated until ready to
bake, if desired.