Hawaiian Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Hawaiian sweet bread topped with cheese, breakfast sausage, red bell pepper,
pineapple and egg-milk mixture for a Hawaiian sausage casserole.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 5 slices Hawaiian sweet sliced bread (from 16-ounce package)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat (2%) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound Odom's Tennessee Pride® Mild Country Sausage, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking
spray. Place bread in single layer in dish, cutting slices to fit. Sprinkle
with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and black pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook for 5 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper; cook for 2 minutes more or until bell
pepper is tender and sausage is crumbled and no longer pink. Drain.
- Spoon meat mixture over cheese in dish; top evenly with pineapple. Pour
egg mixture over sausage layer. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Servings 8 | Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 45 min
Make Ahead: Prepare casserole through step 3. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours
or overnight. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 35 minutes or until knife
inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 409
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Conagra Brands, Inc.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Breakfast Casserole Recipes