Jambalaya Breakfast Casserole
Jambalaya for breakfast? Turn regular Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix into a flavorful
morning treat everyone will love and ask for seconds of. This simple recipe combines
eggs, Monterey Jack cheese, red bell peppers and green onions. Make it the night
before, then just warm in the oven.
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Jambalaya Mix, Original Substitutions
- 1 pound cooked
ham, coarsely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups
shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped
- Prepare Jambalaya Mix as directed on package, using ham in place of the
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix eggs and half-and-half in large bowl until well mixed.
- Add cheese, bell pepper and onions; mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Spread rice mixture evenly in bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 16 servings
Prep Time: 15 mins
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 207 Sodium:
610mg Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 14g Cholesterol: 144mg Protein: 13g Fiber: 1g
Reprinted with permission from