This is a truly delicious San Francisco specialty.
- 1/2 pound spinach, chopped, or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs
- If using frozen spinach, place in a strainer and drain well.
- Heat oil and butter in a large, heavy skillet. Add ground beef and cook, stirring,
until browned and crumbly.
- Add onion and cook until tender but not browned.
- Stir in herbs and spices.
- Stir in drained spinach and cook until liquid in spinach has
- Beat eggs; add to meat mixture and cook, stirring, until eggs are set.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.