Microwave Mexican Coffee Cup Scramble
Mexican-inspired ingredients, like black bean and corn salsa, make this individual
microwave egg scramble even more flavorful.
- 1/2 cup frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 EGG
- 1 tablespoon water
- Black bean and corn salsa
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Coat 12-ounce microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray. Add hash browns.
Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add egg and water; beat until blended.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 for seconds; stir.
- Microwave until egg is almost set, 15 to 30 seconds longer.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top with salsa and cheese.
Servings: 1 | Prep Time: 1 min | Cook Time: 2 min
Per Serving Calories: 228 Total Fat: 10 g Saturated fat: 4 g Polyunsaturated
fat: 1 g Monounsaturated fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 199 mg Sodium: 320 mg Carbohydrates:
Dietary Fiber: 2 g Protein: 12 g
Vitamin A: 520 IU Vitamin D: 41 IU Folate: 27.7 mcg Calcium: 138.9 mg Iron:
2.3 mg Choline: 125.6 mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Egg Board