Onion Brunch Squares
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds - optional
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 bacon strips (or ham) cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a skillet, sauté onions in butter until tender; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the flour, sour cream, salt and caraway seeds if
desired, until blended.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in bacon or ham and reserved onions.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Press
seams together to seal. Press dough 1 inch up the sides of pan.
- Pour onion mixture into crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
comes out clean.
Yield: 9 servings
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 1/26/2002 5:38 pm.