Overnight Bacon Casserole
- 1 pound bacon, sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Cut strips of bacon crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook bacon in skillet
over medium heat until crisp; blot with paper towels. Discard accumulated bacon
- Remove crusts from bread, and reserve for another use. Cut bread slices
into cubes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, stir in milk, cheese and mustard.
- Gently stir bacon and bread cubes into egg mixture; spoon into buttered
8-inch square baking dish. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes or until knife inserted
midway between center and outer edge comes out clean.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 55 min
Refrigeration Time: 12 hr | Servings: 6
Nutrition Information: Calories: 418 calories Protein: 24 grams Fat: 26 grams
Sodium: 805 milligrams Cholesterol: 258 milligrams Saturated Fat: 11 grams Carbohydrates:
21 grams Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com