Sausage and Egg Puff
This sort-of-soufflé is a great potluck breakfast/brunch dish. It's also
convenient when you need to provide breakfast for guests, because you can prepare
it the night before and then just pop it in the oven in the morning.
- 1 pound ground hot or mild sausage
- 2 slices white bread, diced
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a skillet, brown sausage, breaking up lumps; drain.
- In a 2-quart casserole, layer sausage, bread and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with remaining ingredients. Pour over sausage mixture
in casserole dish.
- Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F; bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until firm and golden
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Breakfast Casserole Recipes