Sweet Potato Banana Breakfast
- 1 (23 ounce) can whole sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 3 medium bananas
- Drain sweet potatoes, reserving syrup. Slice each sweet potato in half lengthwise
and place in a single layer in a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Stir together cornstarch, reserved syrup and brown sugar in small saucepan over
- Gradually stir in orange juice. Stir constantly until clear and thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and orange rind.
- Peel bananas and score by drawing a fork lengthwise down the sides. Slice crosswise
into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange banana slices over sweet potatoes.
- Spoon orange sauce evenly over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.