Wisconsin Blue Benedict Sandwich
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 4 (1-ounce) slices ham
- 4 wide strips roasted red pepper
- 4 English muffins, split (8 halves)
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup (2 to 3 ounces) Wisconsin Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Break 4
eggs into pan; fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip each egg over; cook 1 additional
minute or to taste. Remove from heat.
- Warm ham slices and roasted red pepper strips in pan, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast English muffins and butter each half with remaining butter.
- Place muffins, buttered side up, on baking sheet.
- Top 4 halves with warm ham
slice, followed by an egg, roasted red pepper and 1 slice Fresh Mozzarella.
- Sprinkle Blue Cheese over 4 remaining halves.
- Heat in oven for 2 to 3 minutes until cheeses soften.
- Place Blue Cheese muffin tops on sandwiches; serve.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin