Almond Raisin Granola
It tastes great sprinkled on ice cream.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons pure
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with sides with
- Toss oats and next 3 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk syrup, brown sugar, oil, 2 tablespoons warm water and salt in small
bowl to blend. Pour syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake until evenly browned, stirring occasionally,
about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cool and transfer to a large bowl and mix in raisins.
Will last up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 31, 2001.