Cherry Almond Granola
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
teaspoons almond extract
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Fat free vanilla yogurt (optional)
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk powder, honey, apple juice concentrate
and oil. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; stir in extract.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cherries and almonds. Drizzle with sugar mixture
and mix well.
- Spread in a thin layer in two 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pans coated with nonstick
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with yogurt if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.