Almond Apricot Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces (1 cup) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1 (10 to 12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and almond extract;
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the almonds.
- Spread half of the preserves to within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Spoon remaining preserves over batter to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to
60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Carefully invert onto a serving platter.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.