Almond Blueberry Sour Cream Coffeecake
Anyone who loves almond flavour and blueberries will find this
coffee cake to be absolutely scrumptious and moist.
- 1 (7 ounce) package almond paste, chilled
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan (a coated
pan needs only to be sprayed).
- Filling: Grate the almond paste into a medium bowl.
- Add blueberries, flour and lemon rind. Mix well and set aside.
- Cake Batter: Sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and
salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each one. Scrape down
the bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the sifted flour to the creamed ingredients, alternately with the sour
cream, ending with flour.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the Bundt pan and top with one half of the
reserved blueberry mixture.
- Repeat with 1/3 batter, topping with remaining berries and ending with batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake is a deep golden color and wooden pick
inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Gently loosen the sides of cake with a thin spatula and invert on the wire
rack to finish cooling.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar to serve.
Makes one 10-inch Bundt cake.
Review: I was searching for almond paste coffee cake recipes and that led me
to your site. Wow! 'Recipe Goldmine' really is the mother lode.
As for the coffee cake I wanted to bake for Mom on Mother's Day, I found
exactly what I had in mind and if I do say so myself, confirmed by my Mom, I was
delighted with the result. We were able to enjoy Almond Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee
Cake for brunch on our sundeck basking in the sun, overlooking the ocean in beautiful
West Vancouver, B.C. Anyone who loves almond flavour and blueberries will find this
coffee cake to be absolutely scrumptious and moist. I highly recommend it.
Congratulations on your wonderful site. I will have many enjoyable hours searching
for other delicious recipes.
Recipe credit: Andre Prost, Inc., Odense Almond Paste
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.