Almond Brickle Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup almond toffee bits, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan; set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, eggs, and almond and vanilla extracts in a large bowl.
Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add all remaining coffee cake ingredients; mix well.
- Spread half of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle 2 tablespoons almonds and 2
tablespoons toffee bits over batter.
- Spread remaining batter over streusel filling;
sprinkle with remaining almonds and toffee bits.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Stir together all glaze ingredients in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled coffee
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.