Apple Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Beat butter at medium speed of electric mixer.
- Gradually add sugar; beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in apple and vanilla extract.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine sugar and ground cinnamon; sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.