Banana Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine pecans, 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Stir well and set aside.
- Combine shortening and 1 cup sugar; cream well, adding eggs, bananas and vanilla
- Stir in sour cream.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Stir only to blend.
- Spread less than half of reserved cinnamon mixture in sprayed Bundt pan.
- Add 1/2 of the batter; then sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture; then remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan, then invert pan and remove cake.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.